Discover how Openstrike can help to make your business more productive by deploying Linux-powered solutions to your computing problems.
Turning an ageing desktop PC into a powerful workstation is simplicity itself when harnessing the power of Linux.
- A fully functional office suite incorporating WYSIWYG word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and much more. But better than that, how about a choice of office suites? At no cost?
- Complete professional-quality image manipulation applications (vector and raster) with options for both screen and print media.
- A choice of enterprise class databases to run locally and synchronise with remote servers.
Network utilities for:
- Browsing the web
- Sending and receiving email
- Audio and video conferencing
- Instant messaging
- Secure communications over VPN
- File transfer by FTP and SFTP
- Automated backup procedures
- Managing social media
- Accessing usenet news
- ... and many more
- Localised security measures to ensure only validated personnel may access the machine either at the console or over a network. A state-of-the-art firewall included as standard. Highly granular access control with SELinux. Local, user-specific spam control.
Who runs Linux on servers? Well, if you have a web site, then there's a very good chance that you do already. But it's not just the web that can be supercharged by running Linux.
- Databases. From full-blown RDBMSs such as MariaDB and PostgreSQL via KV stores like memcached to document systems such as MongoDB, you'll find that nothing runs a database more efficiently than Linux.
- Email. For Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Qmail and a whole lot more, think Linux. Why continue to support a system which is prone to virus attacks, when you can run any or all of the above on a rock solid Linux foundation?
- Printing. With CUPS now the de facto standard on Linux, there is a robust, scalable and portable printing solution to turn any output device into a networked PostScript printer.
- File Servers. Keep your files safe on an Extended 4 filesystem, with fully controllable journalling as standard. Mount volumes over NFS, Samba, CODA, Fuse, or whichever protocol you require.
- Web. Your own in-house web platform is just two words away with Apache running on Linux.
- Streaming Media. Serve audio and video in real time from your Linux server by exploiting Real Networks's Helix platform.
Your network can be improved beyond measure and at no extra cost by deploying Linux in some or all of the following roles.
- Firewall. Linux provides a robust, reliable and fully configurable stateful firewall to guard both your network perimeter and each individual machine behind it. We can design a system with the correct levels of security and ease of use for your particular environment.
- Virtual Private Network. Secure your communications with partners, clients and branch offices by using a VPN. This technology can convert any public network into your own private communications channel.
- Load Balancing. For high-demand services we can deploy load balanced clusters of servers such that the strain is evenly distributed and the cluster continues to perform and optimum levels.
- High Availability. Eliminate the potential single point of failure in your network with Linux High Availability solutions. This is an inexpensive and dependable solution to a very common network issue.
- Traffic Control. Prioritise your important network traffic. No more waiting because another user is downloading Gigabytes of drivel! Say goodbye to sluggish interactive sessions and put the brakes on the network hogs. You could pay thousands for a hardware packet shaping solution or you could have it all for free with Linux
- Routing. Full control over your network routing including masquerading, source routing, static NAT, BGP/OSPF perimeter peering, etc.
Find Out More
Millions of people have realised the benefits provided by Linux and use it every day. They are the happy ones. If you want to join them, call us today on 01722 770036 or visit the Openstrike site for a more detailed idea of what we can do for you